Black Founders in Clean Technology
12 Hybrid Sessions
Access to course materials and assignments will be available on Sheridan’s Learning and Teaching Environment (SLATE). Students will need reliable access to a computer and the internet.
Reflective and Group Coaching Elements
To build personal entrepreneurial endurance-focused on mindset, persistence, collaboration, confidence, wellbeing, self-awareness, relationship-building, resourcefulness.
Curated Guest Speakers
Black Founders with relatable and inspiring personal experiences and demonstrated interest in being part of students’ ongoing networks of support.
- $Assess the entrepreneurialism and clean tech innovation of Black founders
- $Explore environmental challenges that present entrepreneurial opportunities in clean tech
- $Assess the market potential and feasibility of new cleantech innovations
- $Craft a compelling value proposition
- $Identify sources of start up funding and understand how to position a venture for success
- $Build networks of support for continued personal, professional and venture development
- $Develop group coaching techniques to give, receive, assess and activate constructive feedback to aid personal, professional and venture development.